In compliance with Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society and E-Commerce Services (hereinafter, «LSSI-CE» (Ley de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información y de Comercio Electrónico [Information Society and E-commerce Services Law])), we hereby inform you that:
Learning Bits, S.L. (hereinafter «LB«) is a company dedicated, among other activities, to the development of educational software and materials, as well as to the graphic printing, composition and reproduction of texts and images; edition of books and any other publication, as well as their management, promotion, intermediation, marketing, and distribution.
LB is registered in the Commercial Registry of Barcelona, Volume 42571, Folio 205, Page B410262, Entry 1.
LB, with Tax Identity Code B-65569790, is a company with address for the purposes of this information in Barcelona, calle Sant Joan de la Salle 37, 08022, and is currently responsible for the exploitation, management and operation of the following websites https://science-bits.current_domain_value and https://math-bits.com (hereinafter, the «Web«).
Other contact details that we place at your disposal:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +34 935 00 88 30.
Please read this document carefully before accessing this site or using the services it offers. By accessing this site or using the services it offers, you undertake to comply with the conditions expressed in this document. The information and services on this site are provided by LB, and its suppliers, provided that visitors to the Website (hereinafter, the «Usuarios«) agree to the terms and conditions detailed below.
All services provided and offered by LB are governed by current legislation.
Changes to the site
LB reserves the right to suspend access to the Web for maintenance, repair and/or improvement purposes.
Use of the Web, information, and services
The use of the website will be free of charge, without prejudice to the cost incurred by the User to connect to the corresponding telecommunications network.
Nevertheless, there are spaces on the Web reserved for those Users who have a licence, and which must be accessed with a user name and password provided by LB.
The User is aware and voluntarily and expressly accepts that use of the Web is in every case under his/her sole and exclusive responsibility, undertaking not to carry out any conduct that could damage the image, interests, and rights of LB or that would in any way prevent its normal use.
In particular, the User may not:
- access or use the web for illegal or unauthorised purposes, with or without economic aims, or using it in a way that may cause damage, interruptions, or limitations in its operation or in the media of a third party;
- use the website for the transmission, installation or publication of any virus or other harmful programmes or files; access without authorisation to any section of the web, to other connected systems or networks, to services or passwords or third-party data or any other media illegitimately;
- break, or attempt to break, the security measures or authentication of the web, among others.
The information (including and without limitation, advice, and recommendations) and the Web services (for example, the question-and-answer service via email) are offered only as a general educational tool and do not constitute any kind of medical or healthcare advice for any individual problem, nor do they replace the advice or medical or professional services that may be offered by a qualified healthcare service provider who is aware of the particular situation of the person concerned.
Always seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health professional about any doubts you have regarding a disease or condition and before starting any new treatment.
No content or information that appears on the Web is intended to serve to make a diagnosis or initiate medical treatment. The information and services are provided on the understanding that neither LB nor its providers or users are dedicated to providing legal, medical, psychological, or other services.
Use of the site by the user is subject to exemptions and warnings that may appear throughout the Web. LB and its agents assume no liability for any consequence that results directly or indirectly from any action or lack of action that is taken based on the information, services or other materials that appear on this Web.
Although LB makes an effort to ensure that the information contained on this site is truthful, complete, and up-to-date, LB and its providers cannot guarantee, nor will they be liable for, any damage or loss related to the truthfulness, integrity, or timeliness of the information or to the specific use made of it.
Users who publish materials on the Web (for example, on boards, chat rooms or content prepared by teachers), will be governed by the following rules:
- the Users may not publish or transmit shameful, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, harmful, threatening, or malicious material that violates the property rights of third parties (including, without limitation, any use that violates a copyright or registered trademark), that infringes the right to privacy or advertising of third parties, or that violates the laws in force;
- Users may not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the Web by other Users;
- Users may not use the Web to carry out illegal activities or activities that violate the rights of third parties;
- Users may not use this site to advertise or sell products or services to third parties; and
- Users must immediately inform LB by sending an email to [email protected] if they have reasons to suspect that a User is using materials that violate the copyrights of LB or third parties. Users who publish materials warrant that they have exclusive rights to such materials or are using them with permission from the copyright owner, and grant LB the rights and licences necessary for their use and dissemination. LB is not responsible for the content of any material published by Users, but reserves the right, at its discretion, to (1) correct or delete any documents, information or other materials sent or appearing on the Web, and (2) deny access to the site to any User who breaches these terms and conditions.
- The User agrees and acknowledges that no advertisements, email chain messages or any other content that is not intended to comment or discuss articles or news will be accepted in the services of the forum, news comments, blogs, as well as any other spaces that allow the publication of User opinions. Likewise, the user undertakes not to use them to send messages that defame or insult, or that contain false, inappropriate, abusive, harmful, pornographic, threatening information, that damage the public image and/or private life of third parties or that for any reason break any law.
The content published by the Users includes the opinions and points of view of the author of said content. LB is not responsible for the truthfulness of any message created by a User.
LB and its staff shall use reasonable means and efforts to provide updated and reliable information through the Web. However, they shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions of the information or content provided through the Web or any particular application or use that may be made thereof.
Access to the Web does not entail an obligation for LB or its personnel to verify the truth, accuracy, suitability, adequacy, completeness, and timeliness of the information and content.
The Users are solely responsible for any legal, judicial, or extrajudicial claim or action, initiated by third parties against LB that originates from the use of the Web by the Users. Where applicable, the User shall assume the expenses, costs and indemnities borne by LB for such legal claims or actions.
LB and its providers are exempt from all express and implied warranties with respect to the information, services and materials contained on this site, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of marketability, suitability for a particular purpose and non-breach of the rights of third parties. All information, services and materials are offered «as is» and «if available», without guarantee of any kind.
Users wishing to enter links from other web pages to the Web must request prior authorisation from LB. In any case, said links shall be authorised under the following conditions:
- They should be directed to the main page of the Web without reproducing it in any way;
- The creation of frames of any kind that allow the Web to be viewed through different addresses or in a manner that misleads, confuses, or deceives users as to the origin of the content, involves unfair conduct, uses or in any way harms the reputation and image of the LB and its brand, or is otherwise contrary to the applicable regulations, ethics, or public interest, is prohibited
- The use of any brand or distinctive sign of LB is prohibited without the express authorisation of its owner.
The existence of such links does not in any way entail the existence of relationships between LB, the owner of the site or web page in which the link to the Web is made, nor the acceptance or approval of its content or services.
In turn, LB may enter links in the Web which allow the Users to access third-party web pages to facilitate navigation and experience. In these cases, LB is not responsible for the content or services offered by these nor any damages that may originate from its query or use. In all cases, LB reserves the right to prohibit at any time the use of previously authorised links, amongst others, in cases of illicit activity or content of the website included in the link.
Pursuant to the above, LB shall not be responsible for the content and services of those web pages that may be linked to the Web beyond the liability assigned by the LSSI-CE, to the extent that they may have actual knowledge of the illegality of the content and services provided on the linked websites and they do not disable the link with due diligence.
If you wish to make us aware of a link to a website with content that you believe is inappropriate or illegal, you may contact us at [email protected].
Limitation of liability
LB is not responsible for any interference, omission and interruptions that may cause alterations in the User’s systems or in their documents or files arising from causes beyond LB’s control or in the event that it has adopted reasonably appropriate security measures. Likewise, it is also not responsible for controlling the absence of worms, viruses, and other harmful computer elements, and in any case the User shall be obligated to have the appropriate tools for the detection and removal of harmful computer elements. Therefore, LB is not liable for any damage caused to the computer devices of users or third parties due to the use and provision of Web services. Likewise, LB does not assume responsibility for delays or, blocks to the operational functioning of the Web caused by deficiencies or overloads in the telephone lines or the Internet, as well as damage caused by third parties through illegitimate interference.
LB will also not be responsible for the use that third parties make of the information published on the Web, nor for the damages suffered or economic losses that, directly or indirectly, cause or may cause economic, material or data damages, as a result of the use of said information. However, taking into account Articles 11 and 16 of the LSSI-CE, LB undertakes to withdraw or, where appropriate, block the content that may affect or contravene national or international legislation, third-party rights or morality and public order.
LB will also not be responsible for damages that occur due to failures or bad configurations of the software installed on the User’s device. All liability for any technical incident or failure that occurs when the User connects to the Internet is excluded. Likewise, the absence of interruptions or errors in access to the Web is not guaranteed.
We would like to inform you that any price and/or offer you may see on our Web will be for informational purposes only. If you would like to know the exact price or offer, please contact LB by email: [email protected]
Lastly, LB is not responsible for access to the webpage by individuals and/or legal entities residing in jurisdictions that for whatever reason are contrary to its regulation.
All materials on the Web (as well as the organisation and design of the Web), the design of the portal and its source codes, as well as the logos, trademarks and other distinctive signs that appear on the Web, are the property of LB or its providers, who are also the owners of the copyright, and can be accessed only for personal and non-commercial use, and are protected by the corresponding intellectual and industrial property rights.
The User may not copy, distribute, or transfer any material from this site, in whole or in part, without the written authorisation of LB or its providers.
LB holds all rights to the digital publication software, as well as industrial and intellectual property rights relating to the contents of the Web, with the exception of the rights to those products, services and/or publications of a public nature that are not owned by LB.
LB can provide files or applications downloadable by the User from its Webs. This is the case of the PDF version of its teaching units, which Users can download and print on their own. This downloadable and printable PDF version is an inseparable part of an LB multimedia digital learning unit. Its content comes from digital multimedia work available online on the LB Web and its objective is to complement digital content with an offline or printable format to facilitate work in the classroom without having to find a device for each student. The copying and reproduction of this PDF version is agreed upon without the need for authorisation under the following simultaneous conditions:
- Its use will complement the legal use of the digital multimedia version.
- Its use will be restricted to the school and educational environment.
- In case of distribution, it will be done free of charge.
- In no case will its contents be modified.
For any other use, the reproduction, distribution, public communication, or transformation of this PDF version without the authorisation of the copyright holder, i.e., LB, is prohibited.
All information received on the Web, such as comments, suggestions, or ideas, will be considered assigned to LB free of charge. Therefore, information that cannot be treated in this way should not be sent if applicable.
Science Bits and Math Bits are registered trademarks of LB. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
When the User acquires a licence from LB, they contract the right to access a series of digital multimedia content (including interactive tools) for a limited period of time, which coincides with the current school year.
Depending on the type of licence purchased, the right to access the content is limited to:
- Student-type licences: only grant the right to access the LB content that a teacher who is linked to that licence assigns to them from time to time according to their educational criteria and their educational programming. Therefore, a student licence does not provide access to the default content and is only functional if it is linked to the licence of a teacher from a school registered with LB. This particularity is explicitly stated in any purchase process for these licences.
- Teacher-type licences: give access to a set of content determined by the official curriculum of the educational levels in which the teacher teaches his or her classes in his or her country.
This Legal Notice and conditions of use are governed and interpreted, if necessary, by Catalan legislation and, where appropriate, Spanish legislation. Unless otherwise established in the applicable regulations, any conflict is submitted by the parties to the judges and courts of the city of Barcelona.